<$BlogRSDURL$>

February 19, 2004

posted by Scott @ 5:22 PM
Understatement of the Election:

Chico: "A United States Senate seat should not be a commodity any multimillionaire can wake up one day and go purchase."

Hull spokesman Jason Erkes: "We are not buying the seat......[t]here is a tremendous amount of substance behind the campaign.... Some of the polls show us ahead. It's an exciting time. I guess when you can't attack someone on their issues, you have to attack them on how they are communicating their issues."

How they are communicating their issues?!? If I had that much money to campaign, I would probably pay lots of policy advisors to write me up some fat policy positions, and then I could "communicate" them by blanketing the airwaves with more tv ads in two days than the other candidates have for the whole primary. Props have to go out to Erkes for that truly McClellanesque response. Read the article here.

[update]
State Sen. Steve Rauschenberger takes the heat off Hull and blames political consultants: "Next to every one of these well-intentioned novice millionaires stands someone making $8,000 to $12,000 a month telling them, 'Give me the money, and I will get you into the club with the 100 most exclusive decision makers in America,."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?