<$BlogRSDURL$>

March 30, 2004

posted by Scott @ 11:45 AM
More on the Bob Edwards Controversy
This NYTimes article is the first place where I've seen NPR's rationale for replacing Edwards. Basically, they are trying to move away from the anchor-centered newscast to a more flexible and live format. Apparently, they think Edwards' abilities have waned in recent years and that he wouldn't be able to adapt to this new style. Honestly, it's not clear to me from this article at least what exactly NPR has in mind with its format changes and moreover I haven't noticed Edwards' performance slipping. So I'm not sure what to make of NPR's move. On the one hand, I applaud them for trying to innovate, but until they are more explicit about what their new plan is and who the new possible anchors of Morning Edition will be, I have trouble supporting their decision. If you're adamant about them keeping Edwards, you can sign a petition here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?