<$BlogRSDURL$>

April 20, 2004

Last Week's Slate 

posted by Scott @ 3:18 PM
Finally getting myself together after my vacation (it's amazing how hard it is to get the engine started after even a short shutdown). Here are some must reads from Slate:

A defense of G-Mail. I for one am very excited about this. A whole gig for each account you make. Think of all the space for data that you would normally have to throw out. There's no way that could be free, so I don't care if they forward my mail to their friends and claim it as their own. But the kicker is that the privacy argument against G-Mail is moot; any email provider that has anti-spam services scans through your messages anyway. They just don't tack on corresponding ads, which from most testers of G-mail are said to be very unobtrusive.

Baseball blogs: of course, the medium is perfect for obsessive sports fans. Some good links to start on in this article. I love baseball but my sport is hockey all the way. Anybody know any good NHL blogs?

If like me you're been befuddled by Bob Dylan's appearance in those Victoria Secret commercials, check out Seth Stevenson's assessment. He does a good job offering possible motives and explanations, but it's still a mystery to me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?